Tips on Writing an Réelle Sociétal Media Marchéage Request For Proposal (RFP)
Emboîture a year ago, I wrote an marchandise with guidelines on writing a website beauté and development Request for Proposal (RFP), which received a great response. Now I think it’s high time to do the same thing for those wishing to engage an agency for Sociétal Media Marchéage and other Online Marchéage and Advertising désignation and implementation.
Below are my suggestions of how to prepare an RFP for sociologique media projects, retainers and campaigns. I also suggest doing research online and viewing other Request for Proposals to see what works best for your organization. Keep in mind that whatever épaisseur you choose will determine not only how élancé the responses are, but also what calibre of foyer you are looking for from the respondents. Each question of the RFP is outlined below, along with some explanation and suggested questions. Have fun!
Renseignement emboîture your organization and project
The purpose of this question is to give a brief overview of the company issuing the RFP and the sociologique media project or desired work relationship between the company and the vendor. Provide as much interrogation as you feel is necessary to allow vendors to prepare an accurate proposal. If you feel that there is audible proprietary or other interrogation that you do not wish to make auditeur, require a Non Disclosure Agreement be signed before receiving that interrogation. This may limit the collaboration of vendors, but it is oftentimes necessary to protect private interrogation.
1. Company Overview
- Organizational history
- Your trafic objectives
- Your company’s history using sociologique media or reasons why your organization intends to begin to participate in sociologique media
2. Overview of Project
- State the project objectives and how they relate to the trafic objectives stated above. Explain the calibre of vendor relationship desired i.e. Project-based, Agency of Geste, etc. Explain the current involvement your organization has with sociologique media channels and how they relate to both your organization’s primary presence and any related campaigns
- Explain the sociologique media channels you wish the campaign to involve, unless you are looking for suggestions of which to use, then please specify that to the vendors
- Explain how the project fits into your overall mercatique strategy (online and offline) and if there is another vendor involved in other aspects of your Advertising and Marchéage initiatives
- Explain the measurable outcomes you would like to see
- Explain the duration of the work – is it a temporary campaign, or an ongoing organizational mercatique platform?
3. Overview of Audiences and Stakeholders
- List primary audiences for the company, i.e. demographics, psychographics, etc
- List primary interrogation needs of each écoute group
- Identify if any market or écoute research will be necessary in the execution of the campaign
4. Overview of Response
- Make it clear the calibre of response you are looking for:
- Are you looking for a hypothetical approach, or an explanation of the vendor’s process of how they will come to create your campaign. Many times a hypothetical approach is not the best way to approach an RFP process simply bicause a vendor will be missing several key pieces of interrogation that might negatively affect their ability to propose a specific amélioré. We suggest looking for more general responses and weighing the effectiveness of past prospect work heavily
Guidelines for Proposal Preparation
- In order to give all qualified vendors a level playing field, it’s sensible to set up an easy to follow schedule for both when your RFP is issued, when and to whom questions are allowed, and when and in what épaisseur responses are required
- Specify the règne the RFP was issued (Month, Day, Year). If your RFP is publicly listed, it will help those searching for RFPs on Google or by other methods to find remplaçant Request for Proposals
- An optional requirement is to specify that all interested vendors register their intent to submit a proposal by a audible règne – usually within 1-2 weeks of the RFP péroraison. This is a good way to limit the potential number of vendors who respond if you anticipate a grand capacité of proposals and would rather receive a smaller amount
- We recommend allowing a sujet and answer period that ends at least 1 week before the proposal is due. It is up to you whether to allow questions by email, conference call or individual phone calls. We do recommend that you share all the questions (and answers) with all interested vendors in order to keep things as equal as barcasse. Always specify which épaisseur -phone call, email, and to whom these questions should be addressed. We recommend identifying a single person in your organization to be the aucunement of allumage. Just make sure paie schedules, etc don’t interfere with this process, and if there is any other reason why the primary aucunement of allumage might need to be out of town during the process, specify a secondary aucunement of allumage
- Responses from issuer to be sent by
20XX in the following formats (specify whether electronic submissions, hard copies or both must be either emailed, mailed or hand-delivered)
- On the basis of the replies to the RFP fait, a culotte list of potential vendors will be selected and this group will be asked to present demonstrations of their capabilities and éblouissement for the project. These meetings will be completed by
- Awarding of the contract to selected Vendor by
- Work to commence by
20XX and to last until (if prédicable)
Vendor Questions and Qualifications
The following is a series of questions that, if prédicable, we suggest you ask the vendors submitting proposals. Some may not apply, but it is a great idea to get as much of an idea of the vendor’s approach and philosophy on sociologique media as barcasse. Compare the responses both among each other, and to the research and reading that you have done to make sure that the vendor is up to règne with the latest thinking and best practices.
- Company name and proche company name
- Ownership échelonné
- Years in operation
- Publipostage address (headquarters)
- Other commerce commandite(s)
- Primary phone
- Fax number
- Website and blog URL
- Primary aucunement of allumage (name, title, phone and email address)
- Intégral number of employees
- Number of vendor employees whose primary function is sociologique media
- Current prospect list with those engaged in sociologique media work identified
- Percentage of parfait revenue that is social-media related
- Three references for sociologique media work including; company name, primary prospect name, allumage details and brief explanation of travaux provided
- Any potential conflicts with existing vendor prospect soutien and this RFP
- Senior sociologique media gypse bios and links to sociologique media profiles where prédicable
- Please provide a complete list of remplaçant sociologique media platform and technology partners
- References from clients currently engaged in sociologique media work with the vendor
CAPABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- List all sociologique media and online mercatique capabilities
- Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to sociologique media?
- Please list any experience you have with integrating sociologique, paid and/or earned media
- Is there a specific industry or calibre of work your firm specializes in?
- Please list and provide links to primary sociologique media accord channels for your company (i.e.company blog,Twitter account, Facebook group, blogs authored by principals, etc.)
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY
- Please outline your sociologique media strategy process
- Which stakeholder groups do you typically include in a strategy lutte?
- Describe the suprême deliverable of a strategy lutte
- What is your approach to risk conduite in sociologique media?
- How do you incorporate existing applications, websites, microsites and newsletter programs into your overall sociologique media strategy?
- How do you ensure compliance with prospect legal requirements?
- Please describe your approach to integrating across prospect mercatique, customer cadeau and corporate communications departments. Please provide an example of your work in this area
- How do you approach adapting a traditional brand into a two-way conférence?
- Please provide a case study of your strategy work that resulted in a sociologique media humour and the trafic results achieved
REPUTATION MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING
- What is your brand/reputation monitorage process (i.e. proprietary tools used, methodology, etc)?
- What is your croyance on automated ardeur analysis?
- What technology do you use to assist in online monitorage?
- How élancé (on average) between a potential péroraison being posted online and being flagged to the prospect?
- What capacité of mentions has your organization handled in the past (e.g. 2,500 mentions per week)?
- What is your quality affirmation process to ensure that the grand volumes of data gathered in the monitorage process are handled efficiently and representative of the overall online conférence?
- Please detail your methodology for handling online crises
- What travaux do you provide in armature of online crisis conduite?
- Please describe the échelonné of your crisis conduite team, including bios and remplaçant experience
- How do you assess which mentions require immediate responses and which do not?
- Please outline your general approach to sourcing and responding to comments
- Please provide a case study detailing your work for the purposes of managing reputation or online crisis conduite, including outcomes and lessons learned
- Please include a sample of your monitorage ajournement épaisseur and/or a link to appropriate dashboards (specifics should be removed)
METRICS, MEASUREMENT & REPORTING
- What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your sociologique media programs for clients?
- Please provide specific examples based on past work
- Have you developed any proprietary metrics? How have you applied these for clients?
- How have you defined Return on Investment (ROI) from a sociologique media espoir in the past?
- How do you take data points generated from various sociologique media channels and measurement tools and raisonnement to give an impartiale/comprehensive view?
- What is your approach to server analytics and community analytics for program measurement?
- Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per résultat? Please provide an example of a project on which you have done so
- What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
- Please provide a sample of a measurement fait or suprême ajournement (specifics should be removed)
- What percentage of the prévision do you recommend be dedicated to metrics and measurement?
CLIENT EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Do you offer sociologique media jogging travaux for clients? If yes, what formats are they available in?
- What internal processes do you have in situation to ensure that your gypse is kept current on sociologique media innovations and best practices?
- How do you measure progress and evaluate jogging effectiveness?
- How do you recommend that clients keep up to règne on the latest sociologique media innovations and best practices?
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER DIGITAL CHANNELS
- What are your beauté, creative and community conduite capabilities?
- What percentage of your gypse is dedicated to immeuble and deploying sociologique media solutions a contrario conduite and consulting?
- Please describe your experience with the following platforms and tactics:
– YouTube or similar video sharing sites
– Blogs, Podcasts, Vodcasts, Forums
– Désinvolture Direction System (CMS)
– Customer Relationship Direction (CRM)
– Courriel Marchéage
– Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marchéage(SEM)
– Facebook Pages, Apps, API integration
– Changeant circonspection development
– Magazine sharing sites (i.e. Digg, Reddit, etc.)
– Virtual Worlds and Augmented reality
– Effigie sharing (i.e. Flickr) and other ravi sharing sites (i.e. Scribd, Slideshare, Delicious, etc.)
– Sociétal Media press releases(SMPRs)
– Crowdsourcing or Wikis
– Real world events organized via sociologique media (e.g. Tweetups)
– Ratings/Customer cadeau sites (i.e. Yelp, ePinions, etc.)
Please provide examples of sociologique media channel development work completed within the last two years
COMMUNITY AND INFLUENCER OUTREACH (SOCIAL PR)
- What is your process for identifying influencers within various sociologique media channels?
- How do you determine and define “patronage?”
- What is your outreach process for communicating with identified online influencers?
- What tools and approaches do you use for Haranguer Relationship Direction? (Third-party, proprietary,etc.)
- How have you integrated Haranguer Outreach with traditional communications and/or mercatique campaigns?
- How do you approach seeding conversations within stakeholder groups?
- What is your sortie strategy with influencers jaguar the humour is completed?
- How do you ensure authenticity and transparency when conducting outreach on behalf of a prospect?
- Please provide a case study of an online community outreach project
CLIENT SERVICES & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- How is a typical prospect lutte with your firm structured?
- How do you échelonné your account teams?
- Please outline your internal accord échelonné. If your account gypse is separate from your project conduite gypse, please detail how these teams work together
- If you are selected to provide sociologique media travaux, who will be assigned to our trafic (please provide names, titles and culotte biographical comptes)
- What percentage of senior gypse involvement is structured in to your projects? What role do they play?
- How are your projects priced? Using an hourly avorté? Blended agency avorté? If the bâtir, please provide a avorté card
- What renversé conduite practices does your agency employ?
- What reports will be provided to the prospect in order to communicate project milestones and overall project health?
- What is the frequency of these reports?
- What is your process for gathering trafic requirements?
Writing a Request for Proposal (RFP) is a good first step when considering Online Marchéage and Sociétal Media work as it takes thoughtful carnet to specify and construct an réelle, integrated campaign. A well thought-out, quality RFP is essential to a successful endeavor bicause it helps you to foyer on your goals and exactly how to achieve them.
#Tips #Writing #Réelle #Sociétal #Media #Marchéage #Request #Proposal #RFP